Who is the author of the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse (PRC) Fact Sheets?
Send to Printer
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
Many of the PRC's Fact Sheets have been written by several authors. The earlier guides (issued from 1992-1995) were originally researched and written by law school students at the University of San Diego School of Law. Since that time, they have been revised and updated many times by several PRC staff members. All of the Fact Sheets have been edited by PRC director Beth Givens.
If you are using these Fact Sheets for a school paper or for research, you may consider that the ìPrivacy Rights Clearinghouseî is the author for most of them when you prepare your footnotes and bibliography. This is called a ìcorporate authorî in the various bibliographic style guides and is considered to be a legitimate authorship designation.
The following Fact Sheets have specific authors.
- Fact Sheet 5a. Junk Faxes: No Relief in Sight
- Fact Sheet 6a. FACTA
- Fact Sheet 6b. The Other Consumer Reports
- Fact Sheet 6c. Your Credit Score: How It All Adds Up
- Fact Sheet 8a. HIPAA Basics
- Fact Sheet 16a. Employment Background Checks in California
- Fact Sheet 16b. Employment Background Checks: A Guide for Small Business Owners
- The entire Fact Sheet 24 series on financial privacy (6 guides) and the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley law: Fact Sheets 24, 24a, 24b, 24c, 24d, 24e.
- Fact Sheet 26: CLUE
- Fact Sheet 27. Debt Collection Practices
- Fact Sheet 30. Check 21
- Fact Sheet 31. Customer Identification Programs for Financial Transactions
- Fact Sheet 32. Paper or Plastic: What Have You Got to Lose?
- Friery is author of most of the Comments filed with federal regulatory agencies from 1999 to 2007, listed in Speeches & Testimony section of Web site.
- Fact Sheet 2a, Hang Up on Harassment: Dealing with Cellular Phone Abuse
- Fact Sheet 2b, When a Cell Phone Is More than a Phone: Protecting Your Privacy in the Age of the Super-Phone
- Fact Sheet 4b, "Shine the Light" on Marketers: Find Out How They Know Your Name
- Fact Sheet 18: Privacy and the Internet: Traveling in Cyberspace Safely
Pam Dixon, Executive Director of the World Privacy Forum, www.worldprivacyforum.org
These guides have been issued jointly by the PRC and the WPF and are authored by Pam Dixon:
- Fact Sheet 25. Online Jobseeker Web Sites and Your Privacy
- Fact Sheet 25a. Avoiding Online Job Scams
Cathy McCarthy, Esq. (on contract with the PRC)
Browse Privacy Topics
Background Checks & Workplace
Banking & Finance
Credit & Credit Reports
Harassment & Stalking
Identity Theft & Data Breaches
Online Privacy & Technology
Privacy When You Shop
Public Records & Info Brokers
Social Security Numbers
Who We Are
We are a nationally recognized consumer education and advocacy nonprofit dedicated to protecting the privacy of American consumers.