Consumer Education & Administrative Coordinator
Job Title: Consumer
Education and Administrative Coordinator
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse (PRC), a San Diego nonprofit with a national reach, is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time Consumer Education & Administrative Coordinator position. PRC educates individuals on consumer data privacy issues ranging from online privacy to health, employment, and financial privacy. In addition, we advocate for strong consumer data privacy protections. PRC was founded in 1992, and is a widely-recognized resource for consumers and professionals alike.
The Consumer Education & Administrative Coordinator will handle all of PRC’s consumer questions and complaints, support communications functions, and attend to daily administrative duties. Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree, strong written and spoken communication skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet research. Ideal candidates would have prior experience using a CMS, experience working or volunteering with a non-profit public interest organization, and in interest in consumer data privacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Consumer Education (50%)
- Manage all online questions and complaints PRC receives from individuals.
- Respond to consumer questions about data privacy issues.
- Keep track of consumer complaints to spot trends and identify complaints suitable for use in public policy, advocacy, and outreach work.
- Create and maintain tagging system to organize and easily search questions and complaints by topic.
- Work closely with Outreach Coordinator to create reports and conduct research based on questions and complaints received.
- Write quarterly blog posts and newsletter articles.
- Work with Outreach Coordinator to execute social media strategy.
- Handle press intake and execute press strategy.
- Manage email lists and newsletter distribution.
- Support with fundraising efforts.
Administrative Tasks (25%)
- Answer office phones.
- Post new content to the website.
- Create and maintain an internal database to track legislative work.
- Assist with mailings, filings, copying, and maintaining office supplies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a variety of assignments.
- Proficiency with typing, Microsoft Office, and Internet research.
- Interest in data privacy.
- Experience volunteering or working with a non-profit public interest organization.
- Experience in an administrative or customer service position.
- Experience working with a CMS.
- Knowledge and understanding of data privacy issues.
- Spanish language skills.
$18 - $20 per hour. PRC offers health care coverage, paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT CALL. Deadline: May 15, 2016.
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse is an equal opportunity employer.