Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policies
- Think carefully about using a personal device for work purposes.
- Read your company’s BYOD policy thoroughly and ask questions.
- If something is unclear, you may want to speak to an attorney or the HR department.
- Consider having two separate devices to keep your work and personal devices separate.
- Employees who participate in BYOD programs should be conscious of privacy settings, information they store on their device, and apps they use.
- Back up personal data such as photos, videos, and music, especially if the company has the ability to remotely wipe data from your device.